Friday, July 12, 2013

I'm going to run, let the CHIPs fall where they may.


I recently found out that I have a bone chip near the head of the first metatarsal in my right foot. When the podiatrist looked at my X-Ray, he told me he'd never seen anything like it before. There really is no treatment for a detached fragment of bone, so I was advised to rest for 6-8 weeks. I was devastated by the news. This was such a let down, because I had been training hard for weeks with a goal of running this Ultra Marathon ultra fast. I was ready to set records. I couldn't stop now. How am I to know what I can achieve if I quit? I decided that a mere 2-D image isn't going to tell me what I can or can't do. 

I came to realize that I'm not only running this for myself. I am also running to gift 12 special children with the smiles they deserve. This Ultra Marathon goes out to them. 

As former Dodger's star Tommy Lasorda said, "The difference between the impossible and the possible lies in a man's determination".


A smile changes everything. Transform a child's life today. Please chip in for my favorite charity, Operation Smile!

No comments:

Post a Comment