Monday, August 12, 2013

T Minus 5!

The big race is in just 5 days! I don't know whether to be anxious or excited. This is a once in a lifetime opportunity, and all of my training has lead up to this weekend. It seems so surreal to me. I can't grasp the fact that it has finally arrived. It took the last practice run of 40 miles, and the support of my family, friends, and Coach Rajeev to convince me that this is not some crazy pipe dream!

It's been an amazing journey. I don't think I would have ever dreamed of running 50 miles. This will be a defining moment in my life, so I'm going to have fun and embrace every second of the many hours I will spend on the steamy San Martin course. I'm going to give it my all, and I will finish the race, even if I have to crawl across the finish line. The impelling force behind me will be the children I'm running for. I'm raising money to change 12 special children's lives forever. If not to myself, I owe my best efforts to them.

Operation Smile mobilizes a world of generous hearts to heal children's smiles and transform lives across the globe. I hope you'll help bring hope and new smiles to children suffering from facial deformities. I can only make all 12 surgeries possible with your help, so please donate to the link listed below! Any amount is greatly appreciated!

http://www.firstgiving.com/fundraiser/divyamadhavan/Run-de-Vous
Together, we can change lives!




"But I have promises to keep,
And miles to go before I sleep,
And miles to go before I sleep"

-Robert Frost



No comments:

Post a Comment